One fun and meaningful experience leads into another, and another at We Move Forward.
Here’s all that’s in store for you at WMF 2016:
- A warm welcome & cool drink at the pre-registration & mingle on Thursday, March 3.
- A visit to Isla’s Artist Fair in the Town Square after the meet and mingle
- Three tasty seaside breakfasts at the conference venue – The Mia Reef Hotel
- Daily keynote & featured speakers with stories and messages that inspire
- Daily interactive discussion and activities guided by skilled facilitators
- Daily mindful movement sessions with options that provide a fit for every woman
- Free Quickie Massages performed by a massage therapist
- Choices of afternoon workshops on Days 2 & 3
- Day 1 Happy Hour & Connection Session where you can display and share your work, passion, or cause, or simply sip and mingle by the Caribbean Sea
- Day 2 Afternoon Beach Fun
- Day 2 Buffet Dinner & Drinks Under the Stars, alongside the turquoise Caribbean Sea
- Day 3 Happy Hour & Sunset Closing Circle Ceremony and Full Banquet & Bar-b-q
- New friends, renewed dreams, much laughter, & Aw-Yes Moments & Memories!
Check out the WMF 2016 Program page for details!
NOTE: The We Move Forward 2016 conference and retreat program, speakers & facilitators are subject to change.
2016 Speakers & Facilitators
In 2016 you will hear from, meet and hang out with:
- Celebrated Rock Star, writer, speaker & humanitarian, Bif Naked
- Investigative Journalist, Best-selling author, and Professor, Paula Todd
- Celebrated comedian and musician, Lisa Koch
- Spiritual Coach and author, Barbara Burke
- Psychologist and author, Sheila Flaherty
- Famed Mexican Artist and Innovation CEO, Clara Kluk
- Mayan Priestess, Jerusha Akatzin
- Author and Conscious Living Expert, Dawn James
- Grassroots Community Change Agent, Kristi Blakeway
- Facilitators Janeen Halliwell and Cherri Prince
Read the full bios of our speakers on WMF 2016 Speaker page.
2016 WMF Retreat Location ~ Isla Mujeres
We Move Forward takes place on Isla Mujeres – The Island of Women – Mexico. ‘Isla’ is a quaint Caribbean island, just a short 17 minute ferry ride from Cancun. Historically, Isla is a fishing village and although it has been discovered by tourists it still retains its charming atmosphere. The colorful downtown area, known as ‘Centro’ is four by six blocks – perfect for exploring by foot. The traditional town square, vibrant homes, and many shops, restaurants and cafes add to its appeal. The climate in March is perfect with the average temperatures ranging between 23 and 28 celsius.
Getting to Isla Mujeres ~ It’s Fun & Easy!
WMF participants book return flights to and from Cancun, travel by shuttle to the ferry dock and enjoy a quick ride over the brilliant turquoise Caribbean waters, and then sink their toes into the white sandy beaches on Isla. For more travel information click here.
Isla Mujeres has a wide range of accommodations from simple and economical, to luxurious elegance. We Move Forward is held at the newly renovated MIA Reef Hotel where many participants choose to stay; however, there are many other options available on Isla and our travel section provides you with the information you will need to find accommodation that meets your needs. NOTE: You will want to act quickly and reserve accommodation as soon as possible, as Isla is a popular destination, and March is a busy month. The sooner you register for We Move Forward, reserve flight and hotel the better, as prices go up as time goes by. For more details on accommodation, click here.